Nigga I’m too fat…
I fuck around and catch a asthma attack.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Runnin’ (Dying to Live)”, from Tupac Resurrection soundtrack, 2003, RIP Biggie Smalls
B.I.G. keep creepin’,
Casualties need treatin’,
Dumb rappers need teachin’.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Unbelievable,” Ready To Die, 1994
Pockets broke as hell, another rock to sell.
People look at you like you’s the user,
Selling drugs to all the losers, mad buddha abuser.
But they don’t know about the stress-filled day…
Baby on the way, mad bills to pay,
That’s why you drink Tanqueray,
So you can reminisce and wish
You wasn’t living so devilish, shit.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Everyday Struggle,” Ready to Die, 1994
Cause I went from negative to positive.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Juicy,” Ready to Die, 1994
Look at ‘em now…they even fuckin’ scared of us.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Things Done Changed,” Ready to Die, 1994
I’d probably have a key knee-deep in the crack game.
Because the streets is a short stop:
Either you’re slinging crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot.
- The Notorious B.I.G., “Things Done Changed,” Ready to Die, 1994
No time for the B-I-G, so I’m O-U-T.
The sex was great, but the headaches I can’t take.
I think I made a very big mistake.
- Notorious B.I.G., “Buddy X (Remix),” from Neneh Cherry’s Homebrew, 1992
Don’t be mad, UPS is hiring.
- The Notorious B.I.G., “Flava In Ya Ear (Remix),” 12”, 1994
If my burglar alarm starts ringing
- The Notorious B.I.G., “Warning,” Ready to Die, 1994
God bless his soul, rest in peace, kid.
It’s because of him now at least I know what beef is.
- Canibus, “Second Round K.O.,” Can-I-Bus, 1998. RIP Christopher George Latore Wallace, best known as The Notorious B.I.G., born May 21, 1972, died March 9, 1997 at the age of 24.
Lost them all like a homework excuse.
This time, the Magic Number is two,
Cause it takes two, not three, to seduce.
My destiny of love is brought to an apex,
Sex is a mere molecule.
In this world of love that I have for you
It’s true…Eye know I love you better.
- Dove/Trugoy, “Eye Know,” from De La Soul’s 3 Feet High and Rising, 1989. This landmark album was released 25 years ago today. More De La Soul quotes…
My moms dropped me on my head when I was a kid.
Back then I lost all my marbles, today I lost my job,
So in essence, it’s Armageddon, somebody’s bound to get robbed!
- Sticky Fingaz, “Shiftee,” from Onyx’s Bacdafucup, 1993. More Onyx quotes…
Never dead, like I said, all we fuckin’ do is multiply.
- Buckshot Shorty, “Black Smif-n-Wessun,” from Black Moon’s Enta Da Stage, 1993. More Black Moon lyrics…
Acting like the whole entire world is out to get them.
Stand up on your own,
And prove that you are grown,
Because the life that you save may be your own.
- Lee Majors, “Maybe,” from Da Bush Babees’ Gravity, 1996