Now my ex wanna trace my steps like Dick Tracy.
Chill on the pills love, you think I’m dicking Tracy?
- Blu, “Well Fare,” Good to be Home, 2014. More gems from Blu >
Religion only answers ‘Why?’
The two combined is the true design,
So respect to God cause He drew the lines.
- Oddisee, “Killing Time,” Tangible Dream, 2013. More from Oddisee >
- Oddisee, “Killing Time,” Tangible Dream, 2013. More from Oddisee…
The sun’s still shining off the same old lessons,
Then why does life feel like an educated guess?
And my thoughts are like meals…I’m a sucker for the seconds.
- Oddisee, “Own Appeal,” Tangible Dream, 2013. More from Oddisee…
Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic seal.
- Immortal Technique, “Bin Laden,” 12”, 2005. More from Immortal Technique…
I don’t think Bush did it, ‘cause he isn’t that smart.
He’s just a stupid puppet taking orders on his cell phone,
From the same people that sabotaged Senator Wellstone.
The military industry got it poppin’ and lockin’,
Looking for a way to justify the Wolfowitz Doctrine.
And as a matter of fact, Rumsfeld, now that I think back:
Without 9/11, you couldn’t have a war in Iraq,
Or a Defense budget of world conquest proportions.
Kill freedom of speech and revoke the right to abortions,
Tax cut extortion, a blessing to the wealthy and wicked,
But you still have to answer to the Armageddon you scripted.
And Dick Cheney? You fuckin leech, tell them your plans:
About building your pipelines through Afghanistan,
And how Israeli troops trained the Taliban in Pakistan.
You might have some house niggaz fooled, but I understand.
Colonialism is sponsored by corporations,
That’s why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations.
Tell me the truth, I don’t scare into paralysis,
I know the CIA saw Bin Laden on dialysis
In ‘98 when he was Top Ten for the FBI.
Government ties is really why the government lies,
Read it yourself instead of asking the government why
‘Cause then the Cause of Death will cause the propaganda to die.
- Immortal Technique, “Cause of Death,” Revolutionary Volume 2, 2003. More from Immortal Technique…
And history repeats itself right on track. (How?)
First as a tragedy, and then the comedy begins. (Why?)
Cause it’s funny, motherfuckers don’t see it come around again.
- Immortal Technique, “Reverse Pimpology,” The 3rd World, 2008. More from Immortal Technique >
They’re just there to protect an investment.
That’s why people get arrested, electrocuted, molested,
Connected streets are infested with those tired of protesting.
Traumatized children grown in guerrilla garrisons,
9/11 generations pale in comparison.
And you will learn a lesson repeated through history:
That no matter what you think, occupation is not victory.
- Immortal Technique, “Angels & Demons,” The Martyr, 2011. More from Immortal Technique >
The New World Order was born on September 11.
- Immortal Technique, “Cause of Death,” Revolutionary Volume 2, 2003. More jewels from Immortal Technique >
Niggaz tend to live trife…so I react with the mic.
- Lil Dap, “Speak Ya Clout” from Gang Starr’s Hard to Earn, 1994. More Gang Starr quotes…
Them pigs’ll gun you down and call it ‘standin’ they ground.’
The situation wack, we need a moment of silence,
Or violence…I’m only being honest.
Don’t condone it but fuck it, we ridin’,
Ain’t goin’ down without a fight.
Middle finger up if they ever try and read me my rights,
Hangin’ out the window screaming “F the police!”
- Stalley, “BLK & WHT (Remix),” from Rick Ross’ Mastermind, 2014
Never knew or had a clue, so you’re on the floor.
Just growin’ not known’ about your past…
Now you’re lookin’ pretty stupid while you’re shakin’ your ass.
- Chuck D., “Righstarter (Message To A Black Man),” from Public Enemy’s Yo! Bum Rush the Show, 1987. More knowledge from Chuck D…
…You live at home with your mom.
- Dr. Dooom aka Kool Keith, “You Live at Home with Your Mom,” First Come, First Served, 1999. More Kool Keith lyrics…
I might crack a smile, but ain’t a damn thing funny.
- Prodigy, “Eye for an Eye (Your Beef Is Mines),” from Mobb Deep’s The Infamous, 1995. More gems from P >