If you do not give a fuck.
- Andre 3000, “High Schoolin’,” Light It Up Soundtrack, 1999. More Outkast quotes…
Don’t be down with anybody, let them all be down with you.
Stay self-managed, self-kept, self-taught,
Be your own man; don’t be borrowed, don’t be bought.
- Heavy D, “We Got Our Own Thang,” Heavy D & The Boyz’ Big Tyme, 1989
Nobody made you smoke off your life.
You thought that you could do dope and still stay cool?
Fool…you played yourself.
- Ice-T, “You Played Yourself,” The Iceberg: Freedom of Speech…Just Watch What You Say, 1989
- Blu, “Well Fare,” It’s Good To Be Home, 2014
- Sticky Fingaz, “The Realest,” from Onyx’s #WAKEDAFUCUP, 2014. More lyrical gems from Sticky Fingaz…
These days, everybody trying to be a thug or a player.
Where did all the real motherfuckers go in the game?
Bring back the breakdancers and graffiti writers with fame.
- Immortal Technique, “Revolutionary,” Revolutionary Vol. 1, 2001. More from Immortal Technique >
Can’t recognize the devil’s face unless you talk to it.
- Apathy, “School for Scoundrels,” 2012
Instead of sayin’ ‘Fuck tomorrow,’
That buck that bought a bottle
Coulda struck the Lotto.
- Nas, “Life’s a Bitch,” Illmatic, 1994. Plenty more Nas quotes >
Remember those days? Had you smellin’ my boxers.
- Ghostface Killah, “Never Be the Same Again,” Bulletproof Wallets, 2001. More quotes from GFK…
See God’s face…turn around and run.
God sees the face of a man,
Shaking his head, says “He’ll never understand.”
- Dice Raw, “Understand,” from The Roots’ …and then you shoot your cousin, 2014. More lyrics by The Legendary Roots Crew…
Here’s the secret:
The million other straws underneath it.
- Mos Def, “Mathematics,” Black on Both Sides, 1999. More Mos Def quotables…
And all my bad little bitches, when your baby father hits you, stick a ice cold knife in his ribs.
And all my bitches pimp the system, get your WIC, tell your workers, “Fuck that,” you gon’ have more kids.
And you ain’t have ‘em cause you need ‘em, but now you gotta feed em, so you figure that your ass gon’ strip.
- Panchi, “Stretch Marks and Cigarette Burns,” from Blaq Poet’s The Blaqprint, 2009
Than make a million dollars spittin’ rhymes for the devil.
- KRS-One, “True School,” from DJ Jean Maron’s True School, 2014
I’m Godzilla takin’ over Hong Kong
Eatin’ wonton with a shotgun in long johns.
- Redman, “Dunfiato,” 2014. More quotes from tha Funk Doc himself, Reggie Noble…