Terror Squad: the worst that hurt shit, split your universes.
- Fat Joe, “Find Out,” Don Cartagena, 1998
- Large Professor, “Stress (Extra P Remix),” from Organized Konfusion’s Stress 12”, 1994
And I revolve at a rate to make your occipital skull plate dissolve.
Techniques delve deep, soooo…don’t sleep, ock, I rock phonics
That got you holdin my dick like your name was Lorena Bobbit.
- Ras Kass, “Remain Anonymous,” 12”, 1994. More Ras Kass quotes.
You’re quicker with the tongue, givin’ me rhythm now.
Block the music and the people out to admire the love,
The nerve of us…impervious to the entire club.
And like marijuana shotguns, let’s blow this joint,
It’s pointless to stay here, so let me anoint.
- Pharoahe Monch, “The Light,” Internal Affairs, 1999. More Pharoahe Monch quotes.
No love for them other crews and rival kids.
All them out-of-town niggas know what time it is,
And if they don’t? They need to buy a watch, word up.
- Prodigy, “Just Step,” from Mobb Deep’s The Infamous, 1995. More from Mobb Deep.
When patience was a virtue…but I wasn’t used to waitin.
- Black Thought, “Silent Treatment,” from The Roots’ Do You Want More?!!!??!, 1995. More Black Thought quotes.
And when you’re shaking my right hand, I’ll stab you with the left.
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard, “Cuttin’ Headz,” Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version, 1995. More Wu-Tang Clan quotes.
And if you don’t got money, you won’t scoop a honey.
If you don’t got cash, you won’t be gettin’ no ass,
And if you don’t got loot, you won’t be knockin’ no boots.
- Big L, “No Endz, No Skinz,” Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, 1995. More Big L quotes.
But couldn’t buy their kid a new coat for school?
- Troy Ave, “My Grind,” New York City: The Album, 2013
I’m constantly singin’ them down home blues, and not many people knows
That leaves me with a twisted view of the whole wide world as I know it…
And I guess I got no choice but to be a poet.
- Aceyalone, “Headaches & Woes,” All Balls Don’t Bounce, 1995
- MF Grimm, “Do It For the Kids,” 12”, 1998. More from MF Grimm.
What I stand for speaks for itself…they don’t understand.
- Nas, “One Mic,” Stillmatic, 2001. More from Nas.
Have had a little glare when I stared at ya ho.
But I didn’t know she was like that,
She stared right back!
- Casual, “I Didn’t Mean To,” Fear Itself, 1994
“Got a house on the hill, cost a couple of mill, Juicy J got bank like Uncle Phil.”
– Juicy J, “One of Those Nights,” Stay Trippy, 2013. Rest in peace to James Avery, who played the beloved Uncle Phil on the 1990’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” He was 68 years old.