- Prodigy, “Give Up the Goods (Just Step),” from Mobb Deep’s The Infamous, 1995. More quotes from QB’s finest…
I’d run away from this bitch and never come back, if I could.
- 50 Cent, “Hate It or Love It,” from The Game’s The Documentary, 2005. More lyrics from 50…
- Mad Skillz, “The Jam,” From Where???, 1996
With a wide-eyed look and a rotten-toothed smile.
Used to walk with a swagger, now you simply stagger
From one spot on, to the next spot on, to the next spot on, to the next…
- Derek X (now known as Sadat X), “Slow Down,” from Brand Nubian’s One For All, 1990
It’s freedom or not freedom. Breathin’ or not breathin’.
Another day, another way, another dollar spent;
Gotta make a revolution out of fifteen cent.
- Dead Prez, “The Grind,” from Erykah Badu’s Worldwide Underground, 2008. Read more Dead Prez quotes…
You always was committed;
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how you did it.
There’s no way I can pay you back,
But the plan is to show you that I understand…
You are appreciated.
- 2Pac, “Dear Mama,” Me Against The World, 1995. More 2Pac quotes…
Got Mary, got Lucy, got Molly: that’s wifey, girlfriend and mistress.
- Ab-Soul, “Gods Reign,” These Days…, 2014
And CC all my friends so they could see what I was seeing…
But what they saw was a despicable human being;
So, I guess they just wasn’t seeing what I was seeing.
- Pharoahe Monch, “Broken Again,” PTSD, 2014. More quotes from Pharoahe Monch…
But long distance love, never thought it would end.
The feelings never changed until the call came…
You were engaged, I was in pain.
It was such a shame: the timing, it just wasn’t right.
So I say, ‘Good luck,’ and then I say, ‘Good night.’
- Murs, “Dance With Me,” from Murs & 9th Wonder’s The Final Adventure, 2012. More Murs >
…So it’s only right I’m still tossing ‘round Knicks.
- Jay Z, “Seen It All,” from Jeezy’s Seen It All, 2014
I called them: cousins, aunts, pops, moms.
To you? Hoodlums, crackheads, gunmens.
To me? Just neighbors, classmates, young friends.
- Ka, “To Hull and Back,” 1200 B.C. EP, 2014. More bars from Ka…
Cause I don’t want no girl with a Brillo face,
Or the type that’ll leave Jheri Curl juice on my pillow case.
- Lord Finesse, “I Like My Girls With a Boom,” Return of the Funky Man, 1992. More Lord Finesse quotes…
Run around hustlin…scared of the feds.
They said death is eternal sleep,
But the only thing is you ain’t really sure if you prepared for the bed.
- Styles P, “My Life,” A Gangster and a Gentleman, 2002